The Compass Approach is based on a book authored by John King, “The Compass Approach – Successfully Charting Your Business By the Compass“.
The book covers the key aspects associated with running an organization, whether it is a for-profit or non-profit. Using the four major points of the compass as a guide you will navigate:
North – Business Strategy – how to develop and communicate strategies and goals along with gaining commitment within your organization
East – Business and Organizational Structure – how to recognize the type of organizational structure that is appropriate for your organization including the impact of change
South – Processes, Systems and People – recognizing that processes are enabled by systems and people along with the need for team building, mentoring & coaching, and overall alignment
West – Customers, Suppliers and Your Brand – recognizing the need for key customers and suppliers to understand your strategic direction and how they need to support it. Also a discussion on creating an innovation environment to avoid disruptive business events that can impact your bottom line.
Center – Improved Results – covering the impact of following the four points of the compass to help you understand where you are and where you want to go to achieve your desired results.
In addition, you’ll find:
- Over two hundred individual “Compass Points to Ponder,” all of which will help you relate the content to your own organization
- Tips for executives and managers who want to develop a better understanding of the “softer” management skills that can help you personally and your organization achieve improved results
- Links to audio content on specific topics
- A roadmap with describes the process and several of the analytical tools and processes available to you
The Compass Approach provides you a method to a navigate the triumphs and pitfalls of successful personal and team leadership to help build profitable extended relationships. Download a more detailed PDF description here.
Interested, contact John King for a complementary discussion on how The Compass Approach can help you achieve improved results personally and professionally. This book can be purchased in the following formats:
- Hard Copy – Request through the button at the bottom of the page – Priced at $19.95 US plus shipping.
- EBook Version is priced at $9.99 US plus applicable sales taxes
Gale Heney of Haverhill Community Cable has a program called Write Now. She conducted 2 half hour interviews discussing the content and writing of The Compass Approach and the business philosophy behind it. This interview provides a good overview of the concepts behind The Compass Approach. The links are provided below:
Write It Now – Interview Session 2 — To be added
The concepts presented in the book will be the basis for two future offerings initially in the New England area:
1. Compass Tune Up – a six month program where 10-12 business leaders meet monthly to focus on how to achieve improved results for their respective businesses based on the Compass Approach concepts. The monthly sessions are followed up with a personal coaching session by the workshop facilitator.
2. The Compass Board – designed as a private peer to peer group of between 8-12 CEOs, Presidents and/or Executive Directors from non-competing organizations and guided by expert executive coaches that meets meet monthly to share/discuss and develop goals to address business issues as part of a structured facilitated session. The Compass Board will help the members to:
- Achieve greater success with your business through learning from others who have been in similar situations and can share solutions that work
- Stimulate thinking by participating in forums with resident expert guest speakers
- Develop extended relationships with like individuals who can refer new business
- Strengthen your business network and reach by leveraging the network of your Compass Board peer group
- Leverage Headway Strategies Consulting personalized processes and support materials to help turn you and your organization’s goals into reality
- Participation in a forum to share issues/concerns that are affecting the members’ business
- 90 to 120 minute monthly a structured & facilitated forum to share emerging topics & concerns
- Initial personal assessment which measures the member’s preferred behavioral style (DISC Index™), Values and Decision making approach through Innermetrix’s AdvancedInsight program.
- Initial Business Assessment using the four point Compass model with a follow-up individual review
- Access to podcast collateral, recordings, video, and other information covered in the Compass Board forums
- One 30-45 minute follow-up discussions with the facilitator each month
- Other discounted services just for Compass Board Members
Which program is best for you?
Contact us for a discussion on which program will help you best achieve the improved results that you desire personally and for your organization.Contact us to arrange for a discussion with John King on how this program can benefit your business! Contact us to arrange for a hard copy of The Compass Approach priced at $19.95 US plus shipping!